Organizations miss out on a massive opportunity to get the best feedback when their evaluation response rates suffer. Let us help you fix that.
Feedback Matters, Response Rates Matter
In order to drive continual improvement in your programs, you must have adequate information. By collecting feedback from your participants, you can make more informed, data-backed decisions. However, many organizations struggle to achieve high response rates from their participants, prompting the question, “Do we have enough?”
If only 50% of your participants respond to your request, you are missing out on a significant opportunity to get the information you need.
Evaluāt clients regularly achieve 90% or higher response rates for their evaluations and surveys. Our CEO, Lee Emmert, shared a few of our most valuable take-aways in a recent presentation for the Professional Convention Management Association.
Top Take-Aways to Achieve High Response Rates
- Use easy “warm-up” questions to ease participants in.
- Make it mobile-friendly—evaluations must be beautiful and easy to use on mobile devices.
- Don’t play games with pagination and skip logic. These strategies turn off participants, and you will lose them mid-way.
- Request feedback “just-in-time,” 5 minutes before the end of the session. Once participants leave the room, you’ve likely lost their insights forever.
- Make the request from the heart. Let your participants know how important their feedback is, and how it helps both you and them.
- Use live statistics to let participants know when their peers have already completed their evaluations—social norms are the strongest incentives.
These strategies work across industries, and we hope you can use them too! We will be digging in to each of these strategies in future blog posts, so make sure you sign up below so you don’t miss them.
Please let us know in the comments below what strategies worked for you.
Looking for More Guidance?
Look for our on-demand webinar series coming soon, where will will dive in to this topic in greater detail.
The Evaluāt team also provides live training, customized to the specific needs of your organization. Send us an email to learn more.
Coming Soon: Crafting Effective Evaluation Questions
Spread the Word: